Τhe Department of Industrial Management & Technology aims to educate and develop executives in the production management science, focusing on the applications of new technologies in production systems. The aim of the Department, with its modern curriculum, is to provide students with the knowledge of the scientific methodology required for the analysis, design, implementation and organization of appropriate systems, in order to effectively address the complex problems that arise in the production process from the interdependence of human factor, raw materials, means of production and modern technology.
To this end, the program includes infrastructure courses that refer to the core modules of Physics, Mathematics and Socio-Economic Sciences, as well as courses geared to the main subjects of specialization, ensuring basic practice and means for studying phenomena, systems and technology faced by modern production. It also introduces the additional and important dimension of human factor, its activities, its behavior and its creativity.
The program of the Department is aimed at students who wish to become executives of private and public productive units and enterprises active in the production and service sectors.
The introduction of new technologies (automated production and distribution equipment, information networks, new materials and processes, support / decision making systems, etc.) as well as ensuring the viability and competitiveness of the business in today’s complex economic and technological environment, require firm foundations and knowledge in the management of industrial enterprises.
The main purpose is to promote scientific knowledge and to satisfy the educational, research and development needs of the country, as well as to develop and study the technology and production systems that contribute to the more efficient management of enterprises. The main goal is the training of modern managers, who will be able to use the new technologies in the field of business. The curriculum covers all the operations of the business with a focus on production. The structure of the program harmoniously compiles the administrative, financial and technological dimensions of a complex system such as the industrial unit so that the graduate of the Department is able to successfully deal with the complex administrative and financial problems that will certainly occur frequently in their career.
The inclusion to the curriculum of mathematics (e.g., Mathematics I), science (e.g., Introduction to Physical Sciences) and technology (e.g., Introduction to Engineering Mechanics) courses aims to provide students with knowledge of technological infrastructure and to familiarize them with all aspects of modern technology.
Constant principles in the operation of the Department are:
- Close cooperation with businesses for the purpose of practical student education and business support with studies and research programs.
- Continuous renewal and adaptation of the curriculum to modern scientific and technological developments.
- The exploitation of research programs and the development of research projects aiming at the development of new researchers, the international presence of the Department in scientific developments and the contribution to the developmental needs of the Greek economy.
- Working with the international scientific community.
- Utilization of all modern educational tools and technologies.
- Developing the spirit of cooperation and rewarding the scientific and social work of all stakeholders.
The study program of the Department of Industrial Management & Technology is a four-year consolidated program leading to a diploma in Industrial Management and Technology. The curriculum corresponds to 240 ECTS.
The Department of Industrial Management and Technology is committed to providing its students with a high level of academic experience that promotes their knowledge and skills in problem solving and self-development, entrepreneurship, teamwork and scientific judgement in order to pursue postgraduate studies and/or to start their professional career in the private or public sector.
Based on the above, the study program aims at:
- Creating a strong cognitive background for graduates by combining up-to-date knowledge and experience in industrial management and production.
- Increasing the employability of graduates through their training in the use of modern technological tools and their familiarization with state-of-art research developments in the scientific fields that the Department serves.
- Developing the metacognitive ability of graduates ensuring their smooth adaptation to the technologically-growing global economy.
- Developing professionals with interpersonal/social skills that promote collectivity and collaboration both in the narrow academic and the wider social environment.
- Creating new knowledge through inter- and multi-disciplinary research.
- Contributing substantial to the efforts for reconstruction and increase of competitiveness, in cooperation with the respective production organizations of the industrial-business sector of the Greek economy.
These objectives dictate the pursuit of distinctive learning outcomes through the successful completion of the Undergraduate Program.
In particular, upon completion of their studies the graduates of the Department of Industrial Management & Technology will be capable of:
- Recognizing modern processes of product development and manufacture.
- Managing successfully the administrative functions and technological processes of the industrial business.
- Using modern tools and innovative methods in industrial administration.
- Using modern tools and innovative methods in product and process design.
- Making use of process optimization techniques and decision support and information management systems.
- Applying advanced techniques using new technologies for data extraction.
- Using the tools and methods of statistics, operations research and finance.
- Addressing effectively energy technology issues as well as ways of managing and protecting the environment.
- Designing methods and procedures for the assurance and quality control of industrial products.
- Developing a plan and formulating procedures for successfully addressing production planning, control, supply chain and ergonomics issues.
- Critically evaluating and incorporating resource-efficient methodologies in industrial production.
- Conducting effective research by being familiar with research methodologies and research planning in the field of industrial management and production.
- Conducting studies to solve problems that arise in industrial enterprises.
- Cooperating effectively in the management and execution of team projects.
- Coordinating effectively interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary national and international projects.
- Demonstrating professional ethics and obeying the rules of scientific and business conduct.
- Undertaking high-level postgraduate studies.